Permanent full time position
Starting salary range $89,934 – $112,092 plus superannuation
Gippsland Water takes pride in its place in the Gippsland community. We are a quality essential service and support the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and staff. We are one of the critical stakeholders in the region, working towards a prosperous Gippsland.
We are growing, innovative and committed to ensuring that Gippsland Water remains a great place to work. We do this by:
· Offering a flexible and stimulating workplace and investing in our people to enable us to adapt to the changing needs of our region.
· Building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation.
We also provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Gippsland Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
In this role you’ll not only use your Electrical Engineering experience to support all the work phases associated with both new and existing infrastructure with in the Asset Planning team, you’ll importantly become also a collaborate resource for others as you engage in projects right across Gippsland Water.
You’ll be an excellent contract manager who focusses on the electrical design to ensure that we are using electrical systems that are considered best practice and incorporate innovative elements where appropriate.
Finally, you’ll be a team player who has a knack for communicating complicated electrical terminology to a wide range of people, often with a limited understanding of your area of excellence.
What you’ll bring
· Experience working within the electrical engineering discipline with relevant tertiary qualifications
· Demonstrated experience in the design, writing of specifications, installation including construction supervision and commissioning of electrical works as part of Asset Infrastructure improvements projects.
· Demonstrated experience in Project and Contract Management
· A high level of written and verbal communication with a sound ability to liaise with a diverse stakeholders, influencing the right outcomes.
We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and accrued days off. We understand that Gippsland Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Gippsland Water is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applications from experienced women and men, people with disabilities, LGBTI, ATSI, culturally and ethnically diverse candidates to best represent and engage with communities we live and work in.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, give Peter Stewart, Senior Electrical Engineer Planning a call on 0428 549 251 to arrange a time to meet up and discuss this exciting opportunity.
Applications close at 5 pm on Monday 20 April 2020.
Before applying for the position applicants should read the position description and included selection criteria. All applicants need to provide a statement addressing all selection criteria along with a copy of your current resume to be considered for this position.
Please note that if you do not fully address the selection criteria you may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process.
Shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake psychometric testing, a pre-employment medical and a National Police Check.
Click below to download the position description.