In 2017, we spoke with our customers about what they expect from
us and what they’d like us to focus on over the next five years.
Based on input from our customers we set five promises for
ourselves and we’re very pleased to report that we have achieved all five of
- We promised our customers that we would do our job well. We
guaranteed that water we provided always met the Safe Drinking Water Act standards and ensured that sewer spills
caused by us would be contained within an hour.
- We promised to be easy to deal with and resolve 88% of all
customer enquiries at the first point of contact, so far we are exceeding that
target at 96%.
- We promised to be affordable and fair, whilst maintaining
services to customers who are experiencing hardship. By focusing on the most
vulnerable in our community we have seen an increase in customers entering into
payment plans to help manage their bills.
- We promised to prepare for future growth and protect the
environment. We have delivered on this promise by reusing 100% of all bio
solids delivered to our organics recycling business.
- We promised to spend at least $30,000 per year on community
benefit programs. We are continuing to fulfil this promise by providing funding
to community groups for projects, across our service area.
Find out more about other achievements in our 2020 community report.
Here is a more detailed summary of our performance.