Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
Gippsland Water issues this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
Our commitment to you:
- We will confirm in writing, the details of your Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement.
- We will continue to provide your Gippsland Water Accounts on a four monthly basis.
- Where the due date falls on a non-business day, we will draw the amount on the following business day.
- We will not change the amount or frequency of the Direct Debit arrangement without providing 14 days written notice.
- We will keep all information pertaining to your nominated account private and confidential.
Your commitment to us:
- You must ensure that the details provided on the Gippsland Water's confirmation letter are correct.
- You must ensure that sufficient funds are available in the nominated account to meet a drawing on the due date.
- You must ensure that you are authorised to draw on the nominated
bank account as held by the financial institution the account is based.
- You must advise Gippsland Water if the account nominated by you is transferred or closed.
- You must arrange with us a suitable alternate payment method if
the Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement is cancelled either by
yourself or the nominated Financial Institution.
- Your selected instalment amount must adequately cover your
estimated bills over the next 12 months including any unpaid account(s).
If required, please contact the Gippsland Water Customer Contact Team
on 1800 050 500 to assist in the calculating of the correct instalment
- You may terminate the Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement
at any time by contacting our Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500 or
by providing written notice to us. We require such notice of at least
three business days prior to the due date of the next instalment.
- If you elect to pay your account by instalments you may defer a
payment under the Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement by
contacting our Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500 and advising your
requirements at least three business days prior to the due date of the
next instalment. Any deferred payment may be added to your next
- You may request a change to the drawing amount and/or frequency
of your Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement by contacting our
Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500, no less than three business days
prior to the next scheduled instalment.
- Where you consider a drawing has been initiated incorrectly,
outside the Gippsland Water Direct Debit arrangement, you should take
the matter up directly with Gippsland Water by contacting our Customer
Contact Team on 1800 050 500.
- Gippsland Water reserves the right to cancel the Direct Debit
arrangement if any drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated
- A confirmation letter will be sent to you outlining our Terms and Conditions and acceptance of the instalment amounts.
With Gippsland Water you have several Direct Debit options
- Pay the whole bill amount when it's due
- Pay weekly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history or
- Pay fortnightly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history or
- Pay four-weekly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history or
- Pay monthly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history
- Gippsland Water will round up your instalment figure to the next multiple of $5.00.
- Gippsland Water's minimum Direct Debit payment is $10.00
To calculate your billing history, take your last three bills and add them together then simply divide that figure by three.
The average Gippsland Water residential customer who owns their own home receives a bill of $425.33 every four months.
Credit card payments
For customers wishing to signup for Direct Debit using credit cards, please download and complete the following Direct Debit registration form and post/deliver it back to Gippsland Water.
Calculate your Direct Debit instalment amount
To calculate your instalments you will need your last three Gippsland Water bills.
For example: Your last 3 bills are $100 each, and you haven't yet paid your most recent bill. In this instance, please fill out the calculator below as follows:
- Bill total #1:$100
- Bill total #2: $100
- Bill total #3: $100
- Current outstanding amount: $100
If you've paid your most recent bill, then your current outstanding amount is $0.
Please note that your calculated Direct Debit amount should also be rounded up to the nearest $5.
Direct Debit registration form