By registering for eBilling you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The following words are defined as follows:
- eBilling means bills that have been issued electronically by email instead of by a paper bill mailed to your address.
- Gippsland Water, we and us means Central Gippsland Region Water Corporation ABN 75 830 750 413 trading as Gippsland Water.
- Terms means these terms and conditions.
The eBilling terms govern the delivery of Gippsland Water’s bills and other information associated with your account to you by email.
In the event of any inconsistency between the eBilling terms and other Gippsland Water terms, these terms prevail but only to the extent of any inconsistency in relation to your receipt or otherwise of a bill by email.
We will send your bill by email. You can access and download the bill via the attached PDF in the email sent to you.
You accept the eBilling terms
By continuing with eBilling, you are agreeing to:
- the primary contact receiving all Gippsland Water bills by the email address provided to us (either by yourself or from a landlord, estate agent, conveyancer or solicitor)
- you forgo receiving paper bills;
- the collection of metadata confirming that you have successfully received and/or read the bill we have emailed you.
Continuing eBilling by Gippsland Water’s online services will automatically mean you receive emailed bills for any properties that are connected to Gippsland Water and are in your name (Additional Properties) . If you own Additional Properties and do not wish to have them all registered for eBilling, call us on 1800 050 500 so that we can stop eBilling and arrange paper billing.
Automatic eBilling registration for new customers
New customers will automatically be registered for eBilling when an email address is supplied upon the creation of their account. Customers can switch to paper bills at any time.
The primary contact on an account will be the first listed contact with an email address that is provided to us (either by yourself or from a landlord, estate agent, conveyancer or solicitor).
Switching to paper bills
You can opt-out of eBilling at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 1800 050 500. It may take up to 10 business days to cancel eBilling and until this time, we will continue to send bills to your nominated email address.
Gippsland Water’s responsibilities
We will use our best endeavours to send your bill to the email address you have provided. However, there may be events or circumstances beyond our control which means we cannot deliver eBilling.
If we cannot deliver a bill by email, we may:
- send a paper bill to the mailing address on your account
- contact you by phone to ask you to supply an alternative email address.
We will email bills in accordance with Gippsland Water’s normal billing cycle: 3 bills over 12 months (ie every 4 months).
You agree it is your responsibility to:
- notify us immediately if your email address changes.
- regularly check your email address inbox for your bill; contact us if you do not receive a bill during the time you would ordinarily receive a bill in the normal billing cycle (you may first wish to check the junk email folder of your inbox to see whether the bill has been delivered to that folder)
- ensure there is sufficient space available in your email address inbox to receive your bills
- keep your email account secure to protect the privacy of the information contained in your bill
- pay your bill by the due date specified on the bill, regardless of whether you receive, read or access the bill via email.
Cancellation or non-application of eBilling terms
Gippsland Water may cancel, amend or replace the eBilling terms from time to time. If we do, we will give you notice of the change and the date from which the change applies, and the eBilling terms will be deemed to be amended to reflect that change. We will notify you of the change via your email address or mailing address.
The eBilling terms will cease to apply if:
- they are cancelled by Gippsland Water;
- you opt-out of eBilling
- you are no longer a customer of Gippsland Water.
Nothing in these eBilling terms excludes, limits or modifies any:
- rights of recovery or to compensation you may have under the Australian Consumer Law;
- other rights of recovery or to compensation you may have under law, including under other Gippsland Water agreements;
- other conditions, warranties or guarantees (including the application of the Australian Consumer Law);
- to the extent, we are prohibited by law from excluding, limiting or modifying them.
When we use eBilling we cannot and do not warrant or represent that the communication will be free from computer viruses or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems.