Information for accredited pipelayers

Forms to use

If undertaking any works on a sewer main (including confined space entry or survey work) use:

  • Form 3S – Application to work on GW sewer assets

If works require a water main extension (live tapping or water main shutdown) use:

  • Form 3W – Watermain shutdown or live tapping application

If undertaking a sewer point cut-in for property connections, eg. a new connection branch for a minor development or single residence (including confined space entry), use:

  • Form 3A - Application to carry out works on Gippsland Water sewer (sewer cut-in)

Minor works are considered more complex works than a sewer cut in and must be performed under an agreement with us.

Where minor works are required on our assets, an accredited pipelayer may make an application, however an accredited consultant may be better placed to manage this process and submit the required as constructed information. Minor works can include water main tee removals, replacement tees for fire services, fire plug installation/replacements or short main extensions. Minor sewer works such as lowering manholes or short sewer main extensions are also possible via a minor works agreement.

The difference between a standard developer works deed and a minor works agreement is that a minor works agreement does not need a formal design drawing or design verification forms. Upon completion of the works an as-constructed field note is all that is required. The works must still be constructed to WSAA and our standards, however costs may be minimised without the need for a formal design.

The minor works process is outlined on the minor works flowchart below.