What to do if you're renting and moving house

Moving home when renting

When you move home, you may wonder how your water bill switches to your new address.

If you're renting, you need to contact us 48 hours before moving into and out of a rental property. This ensures that your account has been arranged and your previous account finalised.

If you don’t notify us, you may be charged for water usage after you have left the property.

Change of tenancy form

Complete the form below if you are:
A RESIDENTIAL TENANT moving into or vacating a property with a separately metered service. A separately metered service refers to one that is not shared between other tenants and that you receive a separate account for from the water business.
An OWNER or AGENT and you wish to register or vacate a RESIDENTIAL TENANT with a separately metered service.

Please note: If you are a Real Estate Agent making tenancy changes on behalf of the tenant, please use the Real Estate Agent tenancy change form.

Gippsland Water will automatically register our customers for electronic billing upon the creation of their account. Customers can switch to receiving paper bills by post at any time. Refer to our eBilling terms and conditions for more information. We will not disclose personal information to any external parties without consent, unless required or authorised by law. Refer to our privacy policy which sets out how and why we collect, use and disclose your personal information.

  • 1. Current Property details
  • 2. Forwarding address
  • 3. Owner details
  • 4. Your details
  • 5. Identification
  • 6. Additional tenant details
  • 7. Extra comments
  • 8. Complete
Are you moving in or out?
Please include flat/unit number, street number, street name, town and postcode.