What we do
We exist to deliver reliable, high-quality water, wastewater and waste recovery services to ensure the economy and liveability of the central Gippsland region.
Our service area is diverse in area and needs, from the fast-growing towns in the west, to the transitioning economy of the Latrobe Valley and providing water and wastewater services to some of Victoria’s largest industrial water users.
We’re focused on:
- Maintaining quality water and wastewater services for our customers at an affordable price
- Our sustainable future and the future of the region
- Continuing to strengthen the important role we play in our local communities
If you're new to the area, you'll find Gippsland offers a wide range of lifestyle opportunities in a regional setting, with excellent education and health facilities.
What we have to offer
There are many benefits in working for us:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Work variety
- A positive team environment
- Work/life balance, with the opportunity to negotiate flexible working arrangements
Work life balance
We support our people to achieve their potential by providing the flexibility to achieve the right work-life balance and to learn, explore and pursue what’s important to them. Some of the ways we do this include:
- Varied start and finish times
- Working from alternative locations
- Part-time work and other flexible arrangements
- Job share
- Family responsibilities leave
- Study support
- Training and development programs
We also understand the importance of social connection and offer:
- Social club
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness Organisational Workgroup
- Free weekly fruit deliveries for all team members
- A closed social media group
- Running group
Learning and development
We focus on building the capability and culture of our people into a more highly skilled, professional, customer focused and efficient organisation. Some of our initiatives include:
- Our leadership program encompassing introductory, aspiring and adaptive development
- Formal and on-the-job training and development programs.
- Study assistance for tertiary and post graduate studies.
- Supporting the local STEM Sisters program which allows young women to make better informed choices about education and careers in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Reward and recognition
Our reward & recognition framework has been developed to support a constructive culture and is focused on consistently recognising and encouraging the demonstration of our values as well as outstanding performance at the individual, workgroup, departmental and organisational level.
Make an impact
We do truly meaningful work within a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents. Some of the benefits we can offer to make your experience with us rewarding, both personally and professionally, include:
- Corporate volunteering
- Involvement in community events
- Site tours and community engagement activities
We also know how important it is to reflect the community we serve. Some of our initiatives include:
- Partnering with local disability employment service providers to host unemployed local people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
- Partnering with Fulham Correctional Centre’s community transition program where over 60 prisoners are gaining workforce experience at our Organics Recycling Facility.
- Providing financial support for local community projects through our community support program.