Direct Debit options
Direct Debit is an easy way to make sure your bills are paid on time. We can take payments from your bank account or credit card and there are a few different ways you can choose to set up your direct debit.
- Pay the whole bill amount when it's due
- Pay weekly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history
- Pay fortnightly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history
- Pay four-weekly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history
- Pay monthly instalments based on your last 12 months billing history
- We will round up your instalment figure to the next multiple of $5.00.
- Our minimum Direct Debit payment is $10.00
To calculate your billing history, take your last three bills and add them together then simply divide that figure by three.
The average residential customer who owns their own home receives a bill of $425.33 every four months.
Credit card payments
If you want to set up a Direct Debit using a credit card, download and complete the Direct Debit registration form and post/deliver it back to us.
Calculate your Direct Debit amount
Flexible payment plan calculator
Based on your last three water bills
Direct Debit registration form
Direct Debit service agreement
Gippsland Water issues this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
Our commitment to you:
- We will confirm in writing, the details of your Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement.
- We will continue to provide your Gippsland Water Accounts on a four monthly basis.
- Where the due date falls on a non-business day, we will draw the amount on the following business day.
- We will not change the amount or frequency of the Direct Debit arrangement without providing 14 days written notice.
- We will keep all information pertaining to your nominated account private and confidential.
Your commitment to us:
- You must ensure that the details provided on the Gippsland Water's confirmation letter are correct.
- You must ensure that sufficient funds are available in the nominated account to meet a drawing on the due date.
- You must ensure that you are authorised to draw on the nominated bank account as held by the financial institution the account is based.
- You must advise Gippsland Water if the account nominated by you is transferred or closed.
- You must arrange with us a suitable alternate payment method if the Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement is cancelled either by yourself or the nominated Financial Institution.
- Your selected instalment amount must adequately cover your estimated bills over the next 12 months including any unpaid account(s). If required, please contact the Gippsland Water Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500 to assist in the calculating of the correct instalment amount.
- You may terminate the Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement at any time by contacting our Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500 or by providing written notice to us. We require such notice of at least three business days prior to the due date of the next instalment.
- If you elect to pay your account by instalments you may defer a payment under the Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement by contacting our Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500 and advising your requirements at least three business days prior to the due date of the next instalment. Any deferred payment may be added to your next scheduled instalment.
- You may request a change to the drawing amount and/or frequency of your Gippsland Water Direct Debit Arrangement by contacting our Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500, no less than three business days prior to the next scheduled instalment.
- Where you consider a drawing has been initiated incorrectly, outside the Gippsland Water Direct Debit arrangement, you should take the matter up directly with Gippsland Water by contacting our Customer Contact Team on 1800 050 500.
- Gippsland Water reserves the right to cancel the Direct Debit arrangement if any drawings are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to you outlining our Terms and Conditions and acceptance of the instalment amounts.
Direct Debit frequently asked questions
Yes, we’ll continue to provide you with a bill on a four monthly basis.
Use the calculator on this page. If you're having trouble, call us on 1800 050 500 and we'd be happy to help.
Yes, you can defer a Direct Debit payment. You need to give us at least three business days' notice. If the payment is deferred, the amount will be deducted in addition to the next instalment unless other arrangements are made at the time the payment is deferred.
We accept Direct Debits from bank accounts and all credit cards (excluding American Express and Dinners Club) however only bank account Direct Debits can be signed up directly online. For credit card Direct Debits, please download and complete the Direct Debit registration form.