View our video tours to gain a behind-the-scenes look at what we do and how we do it.
Small group guided tours
We offer free tours of our sites for small groups of secondary and tertiary students, community groups and industry within our service area.
Tours we offer include:
- Water treatment plant
- Wastewater treatment plant
- Gippsland Water Factory (wastewater treatment)
- Gippsland Regional Agribusiness
- Gippsland Regional Organics
Please allow a minimum of three weeks' notice when requesting a booking.
Note: For health and safety reasons, children must be aged 15 years+ to tour our Wastewater Treatment Plants. This includes the Gippsland Water Factory.
Prepare for your tour
Tours are generally between 1 to 1.5 hours, depending upon the site visited and level of detail required.
Group size limits
- Most water and wastewater treatment plants: 12-15 people
- Gippsland Regional Agribusiness - 8 people
- Gippsland Regional Organics - 8 people
We may be able to offer multiple tours or tours for slightly larger groups. Availability will depend on the site requested and operational requirements.
We're committed to the safety of all visitors. When visiting our sites, we ask that everyone follows these rules at all times:
- Ensure all visitors to wastewater treatment plants (including the Gippsland Water Factory) are aged 15 years +.
- Wear sturdy closed-toe, flat-soled shoes. Sandals and thongs are not permitted on site. Heels are not recommended.
- Wear long pants and a long-sleeved top. Your midriff must be covered and clothing must be free from rips and tears.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions as tours will be conducted outdoors.
- Stay with your tour guide at all times.
- Do not touch any machinery or equipment.
- Wash your hands before leaving the site or eating.
- Listen carefully and adhere to safety instructions and precautions provided.
Student supervision and student behaviour management is the school's responsibility. Teachers and adults accompanying school groups should actively supervise students at all times.
Please supply your own transport to and from our sites. Vehicles must be parked in designated parking zones.
Tours are free for groups within our service area.