Gippsland Water
Gippsland Water logo

Property transfers

Home / Residential / Your Account / Manage your account details / Property transfers /

Information Statements

When buying or selling a property your Solicitor or Conveyancer may apply for an Information Statement from Gippsland Water. An Information Statement will detail any rates and charges, as well as any encumbrances on the property.

An information statement provides:

  • Details of Rates and Encumbrances related to the property.
  • A financial statement detailing outstanding monies owed on the property.
  • Any indemnity or agreement required by us with regards to the property.
  • A Special Meter Reading when required. If a settlement date is supplied, a special Meter reading will be taken on that date to establish water usage since the last billed meter reading.

Information statements are provided to solicitors, conveyancers and customers doing their own conveyancing.

A property inquiry application form must be completed, listing all the details of the sale, including:

  • Address of the property being sold
  • Title details, including a copy of title or plan of subdivision
  • Names of the vendor(s) and purchaser(s)
  • Settlement date

If applicable, the following information is also needed:

  • Commercial properties – is it sale of freehold or business? Please be advised that Gippsland Water will not produce an Information Statement for a sale of business. An Information Statement is in relation to the land only. If you require any information to a sale of business, please refer your enquiries to the property owner.
  • Tenanted residential properties – are the tenants staying or moving out?

Applications for an Information Statement can be sent to

Notice of Acquisitions and Dispositions

When a property is sold it is the Solicitor or Conveyancers responsibility to provide Gippsland Water with a notice of disposition (for vendor) or a notice of acquisition (for purchaser) to allow Gippsland Waters property ownership records to be updated.

We require a notice of acquisition or disposition within 10 days of settlement to ensure change of ownership occurs when the property is transferred.

The information provided should include:

  • Settlement date
  • Address of the property being sold
  • Title details
  • Names of the vendor(s) and purchaser(s)
  • Date of birth of the purchaser(s)
  • Forwarding addresses for vendor(s) and/or purchaser(s) if no other address information has been provided.

Conveyancers and solicitors can send notices of disposition (sold property) or notices of acquisition (bought property) via:

To access the Solicitor Updates Online tool please click the link below:

Solicitor Updates Online

Property Information team contacts
Ph: 1800 050 500
Fax: 03 5174 4182

About Us

Gippsland Water supplies fresh clean drinking water to more than 70,000 customers, and wastewater services to more than 63,000 customers across an area of more than 5,000 square kilometres. It maintains a $1 billion infrastructure network, which includes more than 2,000 kilometres of water mains, 15 water treatment plants, over 1,700 kilometres of sewer mains and 14 wastewater treatment plants.

Read More

Free drinking water initiative

Did you know that you can access free tap water at refill locations across the Latrobe Valley?

Find out more

Contact Us

55 Hazelwood Road, Traralgon, VIC, 3844

Phone: 1800 050 500

Fax: (03) 5174 0103

Interpreter service: 1313 450

TTY: 1800 555 677