Gippsland Water
Gippsland Water logo

Information for accredited pipelayers

Home / Developers / Information for Developers / Information for accredited pipelayers /

If undertaking water main live tapping or live sewer connection (including confined space entry) use

  • Form 3 - Application to work on or near Gippsland Water assets

If works require a water main shutdown use

  • Form 3W – Application to Shutdown Water Reticulation Assets

If undertaking a sewer point cut-in for property connections, eg. a new connection branch for a minor development or single residence (including confined space entry), use

  • Form 3A - Application to carry out works on Gippsland Water sewer (sewer cut-in)

Minor works are considered more complex works and must be performed under an agreement with Gippsland Water.

Where minor works are required on our assets, an accredited contractor may make an application, however an accredited consultant may be better placed to manage this process and submit the required as constructed information. Minor works can include water main tee removals, replacement tees for fire services, fire plug installation/replacements or short main extensions. Minor sewer works such as lowering manholes or short sewer main extensions are also possible via a minor works agreement. The process is outlined on the minor works flowchart on this webpage.

About us

Gippsland Water supplies fresh clean drinking water to more than 70,000 customers, and wastewater services to more than 63,000 customers across an area of more than 5,000 square kilometres. It maintains a $1 billion infrastructure network, which includes more than 2,000 kilometres of water mains, 15 water treatment plants, over 1,700 kilometres of sewer mains and 14 wastewater treatment plants.

Read more

Free drinking water initiative

Did you know that you can access free tap water at refill locations across the Latrobe Valley?

Find out more

Contact us

55 Hazelwood Road, Traralgon, VIC, 3844

Phone: 1800 050 500

Fax: (03) 5174 0103

Interpreter service: 1313 450

TTY: 1800 555 677